Postal News Recap – February 19, 2015
USPS, Shame on you! Shame on you, Mr. Postmaster General, for doing everything you can to convince Congress and the media that we are a company on the verge of going broke, with an overpaid workforce and a “failing business model,” as you put it. Shame on you for trying to eliminate Saturday delivery, then agreeing to deliver parcels on Sunday, sending a mixed message to the public and our mailers. Shame on you for telling us on employee videos what a great job we’re doing, then trashing us to everyone else behind our backs.
Video: Danny Glover fights to save US Postal Service U.S. Postal Workers gained a star partner in their fight to save the national mail carrying institution.
- Contract Negotiations Begin: At Opening Session, APWU Breaks with Tradition Contract negotiations between the American Postal Workers Union and the U.S. Postal Service got underway on Feb. 19 with a dramatic break with tradition. Joining the APWU at the opening session were actor-activist Danny Glover and AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
- No mail for a week in one Amherst neighborhood
- Former rural carrier sentenced to probation for stealing credit cards from mail along his route
- Hackers scam California attorney out of $289,000 using USPS email address
- USPS travel cards to become safer, more secure
- USPS Goof Gives Publishers a Break on Postal Rates
- Truth about the Postal Service – by NALC President Rolando via The Dodgeville Chronicle
- As temps go down, mail carriers layer up
- Boca Raton: Postal employee bandits strike again