Effective Jan. 2, 2017
- FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx SmartPost® and FedEx Freight rates will increase.
- There will be changes to shipping fees and surcharges that may apply to your shipment and affect your total shipping rate.
- FedEx® Retail Rates will change.
- FedEx One Rate® pricing will change.
- The dimensional weight calculation for FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground® packages will change.
Effective Feb. 6, 2017
- The fuel surcharge percentage for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipments will be subject to weekly adjustment. Learn more.
MEMPHIS, Tenn.—FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will increase shipping rates effective January 2, 2017.
FedEx Express will increase shipping rates by an average of 3.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%. FedEx SmartPost rates will also change.
Effective January 2, 2017, the FedEx Express and FedEx Ground U.S. domestic dimensional weight divisor will change from 166 to 139.
Effective February 6, 2017, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground fuel surcharges will be adjusted on a weekly basis. Currently, adjustments are made on a monthly basis with a two month lag between the U.S. Government published fuel indexes and the fuel surcharges. Adjusting on a weekly basis will reduce lag time from two months to two weeks, thus providing a closer alignment between fuel costs and fuel surcharges at the time of shipment.
The FedEx SameDay City pricing changes for calendar 2017 will be announced later this year.
FedEx Freight will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%. This rate change applies to eligible FedEx Freight shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), between the contiguous U.S. and Canada, within Canada, between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico, and within Mexico.
Effective January 2, 2017, the FedEx Freight Extreme Length surcharge will change from $85 to $150 and will be applied to shipments with dimensions of 12 feet or greater versus the prior 15 feet.
Details of all changes to rates and surcharges are available at: http://fedex.com/rates2017