U.S. House of Representatives, Oversight & Government Reform Committee hearing
REFORMING THE POSTAL SERVICE: FINDING A VIABLE SOLUTION.
Hearing Date: May 11, 2016 10:00 Am 2154 Rayburn HOB 0511
- To examine the need for timely and comprehensive postal reform legislation.
- To hear from key stakeholders to better understand the specific provisions necessary for a comprehensive solution.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) faces significant and growing financial challenges.
- From 2007-2015, USPS experienced a cumulative net loss of $56.8 billion.
- Since 2012, USPS has not made its annual $5.6 billion statutorily-required payments to the Retiree Health Benefit Fund.
- In addition, USPS has a combined pension funding shortfall of $24.1 billion.
Ms. Megan Brennan
United States Postal Service
The Honorable Robert G. Taub
U.S. Postal Regulatory Commission
Ms. Lori Rectanus
Physical Infrastructure Issues
U.S. Government Accountability Office
Ms. Jessica Lowrance
Executive Vice President
Association for Postal Commerce
Mr. Fredric Rolando
National Association of Letter Carriers