5/15/17 Washington, DC – The Postal Regulatory Commission today announced the agenda for its May 18 Public Meeting.
The meeting is open to the general public and will focus on activities undertaken by the Commission over the course of this fiscal year to date.The following agenda items, among others, will be discussed:
- Commission efforts regarding statutory review of the system for regulating rates and classes for Market Dominant products
- Status update on USPS proposed service performance measurement system for Market Dominant products
- Overview of Analysis of the Postal Service’s FY 2016 Annual Performance Report and FY 2017 Performance Plan (2803/2804)
- Annual Compliance Determination results
- Overview of Financial Analysis of United States Postal Service Financial Results and
10-K Statement for FY 2016
- Overview of Commission’s 5-year strategic plan
- Summary of order concerning UPS, Inc.’s proposed changes to USPS costing methodologies
The meeting will commence at 11:00 a.m. with opening remarks by Chairman Robert Taub followed by detailed discussions of the Commission’s actions by its four offices: Accountability and Compliance, Public Affairs and Government Relations, General Counsel, and Secretary and Administration. For the first time, the Commission will live stream its public meeting in real time providing increased access and greater transparency.
The Commission invites all interested persons to join its public meeting Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at 901 New York Avenue NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20268 or via live broadcast at, www.prc.gov. An archive of the meeting broadcast will be made available on the Commission’s website.